HomeViralWhy were Harry and Meghan Markle denied a ride on Air Force One?
Why were Harry and Meghan Markle denied a ride on Air Force One?
July 22, 2023
A recent report revealed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle denied their request to travel with the Bidens on Air Force One after Queen Elizabeth’s funeral.
Acceptance of the request would have allegedly caused confusion and strained relations III. With King Charles.
The Sussexes and The company have not been on good terms since they decided to step down as senior royals in 2020. The situation was made worse by the debut of the blockbuster documentary “Harry & Meghan” on Netflix in December 2022.
Read on to learn more.
“It would have caused such an uproar”
According to the Daily MailHarry and his wife Meghan were denied permission to use Air Force One back to America after attending World War II last year. At Queen Elizabeth’s funeral in the United Kingdom.
Air Force One is the official plane of the President of the United States and was used by Joe Biden and his wife for the same visit. Despite the fact that the Sussexes live in California (USA), they rejected the opportunity to board the presidential plane.
A source at the news outlet noted that accepting Harry and Meghan’s request “would have caused such an uproar”. They added: “This would have strained the relationship with the Palace and the new king (Charles III).
In the end, the couple chose the only alternative, which was to return home by public transport. Harry and Meghan left London Heathrow Airport for their Montecito residence on Tuesday, September 20, just one day after the funeral.
Are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle having marriage problems?
This comes after recent speculation that Harry and Meghan are about to split after five years of marriage.
A source said Radar Online that the pair are reportedly “growing apart” amid recent personal issues such as the loss of their podcast deal with Spotify and mounting financial obligations.
“They’re trying to figure out what hit them. Harry doesn’t fit into Meghan’s tacky world of Tinseltown,” the source noted of the duo, who have two children, Archie and Lilibet.
However, such claims about the couple were refuted by a close insider who noted that the rumored split was just fiction.
“It’s not true. It’s literally made up,” the source said, per the lawsuit Page six.
Neither Harry nor Meghan have yet commented on the current state of their relationship or addressed rumors that they may be having problems.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have faced business setbacks
Among the reported setbacks the pair recently faced is that the Hollywood writers’ strike could delay the acceptance of their next Netflix projects.
One project on the table is a documentary about humanitarian issues in South Africa, but the current situation with the ongoing strike is said to make it difficult to move forward.
Harry and Meghan’s contract with Spotify was also recently terminated by joint decision. Grayling Page sixthe streaming giant decided that the pair’s podcast, “Archetypes,” which came out of the deal, wasn’t living up to its potential.
“While ‘Archetypes’ did well and won a few awards, going into business like this, it’s not good to have just one series in that amount of time,” said an insider..
Their trademark application for the “Archetypes” patent was also rejected by the US Patent and Trademark Office, although they planned to resubmit after refining their application.
The Sussexes had some victories
Despite the repeated failures, the Sussexes also won a couple of victories.
Their gorgeous documentary became Netflix’s biggest documentary to date and its second highest-rated documentary. It was also recently nominated for a Hollywood Critics Award for Best Streaming Nonfiction and promises to win the category.
They were also recently assured that their relationship with Netflix will continue for the foreseeable future following speculation that the streaming platform wanted to part ways with them.
The couple signed the $100 million deal shortly after stepping down as senior royals in 2020.
“We appreciate our partnership with Archewell Productions…. we will continue to work together on a number of projects, including the upcoming documentary series Heart of Invictus,” a Netflix representative said in a statement. People magazine.