HomeViralPrince Harry and Meghan are reportedly fine with the eviction notice
Prince Harry and Meghan are reportedly fine with the eviction notice
March 6, 2023
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reacted to the news of their eviction from Frogmore Cottage. The couple are said to be unfazed by the removal, which was launched after Harry’s memoir was published. Reserve.
However, Harry and Markle’s eviction has shocked several members of the royal family, who see it as “cruel punishment”. According to reports, the Duke and Duchess now have a few months to vacate the property, which appears to have been offered to Prince Andrew.
The revelations come amid preparations for the coronation of King Charles, to which Harry may not be invited.
Read on to learn more.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are having fun with the eviction
According to his report The times, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are ‘okay’ with being evicted from Frogmore Cottage. After Harry’s explosive memoir, Reserve, published in January; the royal couple were given a few weeks to leave their British home at Buckingham Palace.
A source for the outlet claims that Harry and Meghan were not surprised to be asked to leave Frogmore Cottage, saying: “If we have to move out, we’ll move out.”
Frogmore Cottage is a place where Harry and Meghan made many memories in the UK when they started their family. When they first got the property, the couple had to do extensive renovations, which Sovereign Grant did. However, when the couple left the UK and their senior royal positions, they paid back the £2.4m renovation.
The decision shocked the members of the royal family
Journalist Omid Scobie recently spoke about the Daily Mailabout the Frogmore eviction, and said the palace’s decision had shocked several members of the royal family. He said other royals were “shocked” by the decision and that it “seems a very final and cruel punishment”. Scobie added: “It’s like (the royal family) wants to cut them out of the picture for good.”
The news station has now confirmed that the Sussexes’ eviction deadline has been extended from a few weeks after King Charles’s coronation. The couple reportedly admitted that they have two homes, in the UK and the US, but are fine with losing the holiday home.
The cottage was offered to Prince András
Earlier this week, news confirmed that Frogmore House had been offered to Prince Andrew to replace his current royal lodge in Windsor Great Park. However, Andrew is said to be reluctant to accept the offer as he prefers his current home, which is much bigger than Frogmore.
Andrew currently pays around £250 a week for the subsidized mansion, which sits on 98 acres and has 30 rooms and a pool. Based on The TelegraphHarry and Meghan were not informed that the house was “intended for the Duke of York”.
Word is that King Charles offered Frogmore to Andrew, which the couple carefully renovated and designed to suit their family. Reports estimate that the news will only exacerbate the already strained relationship between the couple and the royal family.
Prince Harry may not be invited to the King’s coronation
The revelations about Frogmore House come amid preparations for May’s coronation, which has been controversial as Harry is not invited. In an earlier interview, the prince was asked if he would attend the event and said it was up to the royal family.
Harry said, “A lot can happen between now and then. But the door is always open. The ball is in their place. There is a lot to discuss and I really hope they are willing to sit down and talk about it.” If the couple decide to attend the coronation ceremony, it will likely be their last time at Frogmore.
Harry and Meghan have only stayed at the holiday home a handful of times since stepping back from their official roles and leaving the UK in 2020. They last visited in September 2022 for Queen Elizabeth’s funeral, and before that in June to celebrate her. Platinum Jubilee.