HomeViralJonathan Majors has lost his long-term manager amid an assault scandal
Jonathan Majors has lost his long-term manager amid an assault scandal
April 19, 2023
The sky looks gray for Jonathan Majors! While many people take the innocent until proven guilty stance in the domestic violence case, the actor’s talent manager has apparently made his decision.
Before his world came crashing down, the 33-year-old was making waves in Hollywood with blockbusters like “Creed III.” However, his phenomenal portrayal of villainous characters hit a little close to home following the assault allegations.
The host was arrested in late March after an alleged physical altercation with an unnamed woman in New York. As his beloved image crumbled, so did the Santa Barbara native’s relationships in the entertainment industry.
Jonathan Majors loses his old manager due to behavioral issues
Following his arrest on charges of domestic violence Deadline revealed that the fallout from these damning claims had begun to take root. The Yale University alum recently terminated his long-term contract with his talent manager, Entertainment 360.
The relationship between the parties was broken three weeks after an unknown woman in her thirties accused the “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantum Mania” star of physical abuse. However, sources claimed that Majors’ arrest did not affect the actor’s departure.
Regarding Entertainment 360’s decision to let the TV personality go, insiders revealed that the Santa Barbara native was removed due to “actor behavior issues.”
This new information raised further questions about the 33-year-old’s off-screen persona, as one could only imagine what he might have said or done to end his relationship with the talent agency.
While the “Lovecraft Country” star’s arrest was not mentioned, it may have influenced the split given the actor’s alleged behavioral issues with the organization. In addition, the father of one did not win favor with his PR firm, The Lede Company.
After allegations of domestic violence, the publicist organization said its final goodbye to the Marvel actor in March. In addition to losing his manager and media representatives, the “Devotion” actor would miss this year’s Met Gala.
The Majors are skipping the highly-anticipated event after agreeing with fashion brand Valentino not to attend the upcoming festivities as guests. Before his career derailed, the Primetime Emmy nominee secured another appearance in the Marvel franchise.
The news site confirmed that the 33-year-old was filming the second season of Marvel/Disney’s Loki, where the actor reprized the villainous character Kang the Conqueror. However, he won’t be shooting scenes for the next MCU installment, ‘Avengers: The Kang Dynasty’ anytime soon.
While Marvel’s showrunners have not announced plans to replace Majors in their successful franchise, talk of a new actor is unlikely to happen given the showrunner’s innocent outcry.
The University of North Carolina School of the Arts alum previously assured fans that the allegations against him are false. shared his views through his defense lawyer Priya Chaudhry.
The aspiring actor’s comments came after he posted bail on the same day he was arrested on charges of “misdemeanor aggravated harassment, attempted assault and harassment” following a rumored “domestic dispute” with his girlfriend.
“Jonathan Majors is completely innocent and is likely the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows,” Chaudhry said in a statement. “We will quickly gather and present the evidence to the District Attorney and expect charges to be dropped soon.”
The evidence reportedly included video footage from the vehicle where the alleged abuse took place, witness statements and two written statements by the victim retracting her allegations of domestic violence.
“The Harder They Fall” star in an alleged physical altercation
Last month, The Blast shared details about the shocking allegations against the Santa Barbara native. New York police reports revealed what allegedly happened between the actor and a 30-year-old woman.
“Authorities arrested the Last Black Man in San Francisco” star after responding to a 911 call from a woman in distress. The painted scene was of a 33-year-old man who was involved in a family dispute with an unnamed woman.
In a statement, the NYPD noted that the alleged victim “reported to police that she had been assaulted,” which led responding officers to arrest Majors, who surrendered without incident.
Authorities also observed that the woman suffered minor injuries to her head and neck, for which she was taken to a hospital for treatment. Regarding his alleged abuser, a spokesperson for the host noted that the actor has been charged with strangulation, assault and harassment.